Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

$4,800 to spend
Old
  (#1)
Chente_04
Collective Junkie
Chente_04 is working on being a goody goody.

$4,800 to spend - 03-14-2010

So I have just about $4,800 in the bank and im at a crossroads. I could try to find a deal on a used Saleen blower, or LTs, cams,CAI, and some apperence stuff.

Or another option would be to buy a used motorcycle (cruiser). I dont know much about bikes and havent even taken a MSF course or even know how to ride. But ive always wanted one, and now that some of my friends have one it makes me want one even more. Ive pretty much settled on a VTX 1300 since im a big guy (6ft 280lbs) since i can find those around my price range since I plan to buy it out right in cash no financing.

Any advice or info is very welcomed as i know we have some motorcycle riders here

12 5.0 - Borla Atak mufflers - Current Ride
08 GT - Carbon Fiber Steeda Intake, Corsa Xtreme Mufflers, Pypes LT w/ H Pipe - Totaled
06 V6 - Hi Po Xcharger, Shaftmaster Driveshaft, Dual Boral Stingers - Sold
99 V6 - The car that started my Mustang craze - Gone

Old
  (#2)
95StangV6
14-Second Member
95StangV6 is working on being a goody goody.

03-15-2010

i say motorcycle. They are a blast.

2008 Vista Blue Pony

Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, 8.8 W/ 4.10 gears, C&L CAI & BamaChips tune, MRT Dual exhaust, Pypes X-Pipe

Old
  (#3)
OnlyAv6
Collective Ex-Con
OnlyAv6 is working on being a goody goody.

03-15-2010

dont get a vtx 1300. my dad has one and its a tank. i cant stand riding it. its VERY hard to steer. im a pretty big guy to and i ride a sv650s. im 6 2, 270. id look into other cruisers.

[4.6 3v swap][J&M LCA's][Ford 8.8 rear end][FRPP 4.10s]
[Shaftmasters DS][JLT CAI][BBK Longtubes]
[BBK O/R X][Flowmaster 40][JLT intake][BBR Tune]

WITH V6
1/4 mile ET:12.68@110mph
1/8 mile ET: 8.21@86mph

WITH V8
SOON!!!!

My Photography Site

[j-stang] 3:13 am: lol i'm border line retarded but i not stupid
  Send a message via AIM to OnlyAv6  
Old
  (#4)
T. Gear Head
Collective Trunk Monkey
T. Gear Head is working on being a goody goody.

03-15-2010

Depends. If you have nice roads were you live I say go for it. I had a Suzuki marauder 800cc cruiser and loved riding it but the roads in Norfolk are always under construction, dangerous, not to mention the ignorant drivers around here.

2006 Mustang v6 4.6L 3v 6speed

Mods: some minor bolts ons...

ssshhhhh.... Its a secret but I'll let you in. I did a v8 swap...

Old
  (#5)
rygen
Owner - MustangCollective.com:..a 12 gauge Remington, S-Mart's top of the line!!!
rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.rygen is worse than a bloody loan shark.

03-15-2010

If you go for the bike make sure you take the MSF course.

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.63@126.71, 1.56 60ft w/5.4 V8
  Send a message via Yahoo to rygen  
Old
  (#6)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

03-15-2010

I say blower! It makes the car much more fun to drive. With the 5.0 coming out I think the market will be saturated with blower kits. I have a Gen I Whipple and love it.

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Old
  (#7)
6Stang99
Collective Permanent Resident
6Stang99 will become famous when the world comes to an end.

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestang70
I say blower! It makes the car much more fun to drive. With the 5.0 coming out I think the market will be saturated with blower kits. I have a Gen I Whipple and love it.
x2 for the Blower option. And also x2 on the Whipple.

'99 Cammed V6 -- SOLD
'98 Stock GT -- SOLD
'89 Supercharged Hatch -- SOLD
'94 Bolt On GT -- **New Project**

USMC Infantry

Old
  (#8)
Scord
Collective Pink Bite Sized Bastage
Scord is working on being a goody goody.

03-15-2010

Personally I would buy a bike over a supercharger but not that bike... being a midget ( 5'5" ) i prefer street bikes, and bikes are a effective / dangerous way to get the need for speed out of your system so when you actually drive your car you enjoy the comforts a lot more and are not too worried how fast it is... A Bike would also keep the miles off your car if you’re like me (75% ride 25% drive)... BUT!! There dangerous and if you haven’t been riding for a while I would agree with Rygen and take a safety course which lowers the insurance and helps many beginners’ not kill themselves the two months of riding which is when most people crash their bikes.

Also if you ride long enough you will crash sooner or later... There are so many used bikes for sale because people get scared or discouraged after witnessing a motorcycle accident or being involved in one themselves. Save yourself the time, money, and skin if this sounds like you... Nothing to be ashamed about riding is not for everyone.

Ohh and when you are looking at the price of gear... Just ask yourself how much your life is worth...

LEATHER jacket - $650
DOT helmet - $540
LEATHER gloves - $100
RIDING boots - $350

The above is what I would recommend at a bar minimum.. Prices may differ but that is what I spend typically.

/Tootles

Old
  (#9)
baknblk
InSaNeLy FaSt Member
baknblk is working on being a goody goody.

03-15-2010

The only thing I would say to remember if you do get a bike is, "it's not a matter of IF you're going to crash, but WHEN you're going to crash." (I'm looking at 4 trashed motocross helmets mounted on my bedroom wall when I'm typing this, lol) Now with that said motorcycles are a blast to ride, and I would ride one everyday of the week if I had one. But Rygen and Scord gave great advice, and I would do at least what they advised.

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

05' Black 4.0
Mods: FRPP GTA axle-back , pony grill, Black 20" shelby razors wrapped in nitto 555s

What is planned: http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=24901

Old
  (#10)
popeye
Collective Permanent Resident
popeye is a total phucktard

03-15-2010

So many people (5) that are close to me have been in horrible bike wrecks in the past year, not that you can't get hurt in a car but at least you have a better chance. Get the blower, used Saleen would be ideal. You will never regret the blower.