Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > S197 4.0 Tech

Bama 93 race tune problems
Old
  (#1)
ccdguy
ccdguy is working on being a goody goody.

Bama 93 race tune problems - 03-18-2009

Hey guys.... I'm having mucho problemas with my Bama 93 tune. Let me ask those running similar Bama tunes... Can you guys change ANY settings/parameters on the tune before programming the car? I cannot. It is locked up with no options that I can change, such as shift pressure, tire size, gear rations... Etc...

Another problem is this...(Bama 93 race tune and auto tranny)

I drive a lot of highway, and when I hold the gas steady at almost any speed (say.. 75mph, or 80) and hold the gas very steady not accelataing or decelarrating, my rpms tend to jump up about 200 rpm up and down every 15 seconds or so, without any input on the gas pedal. Is this something to do with the way my auto tranny tourqe converter is programmed to work, or is this something that the tune is doing with the auto tranny proportional valve. By no means the tranny is not getting into or out of OD. It stays in OD on the highway, but rpms bounce for a few seconds up and down 200 or so rpm. Exmaple: doing 80 mph steadily, the rpms are at 2200 and every 10-15 seconds or so, move up to 2500, then back down again to 2200 with no input from my right foot. Just don't want to prematurely wear out the auto tranny. I drive very conservatively most of the time. Any suggestions?

Old
  (#2)
CruzinQueen
Collective Junkie
CruzinQueen is working on being a goody goody.

03-18-2009

...? I have had mine for quite some time and I have not had any issues. Bama does a fantastic job. Sure you have the 93 octane fuel? I've seen 91 claimed as "premium" before...

2007 Mustang Premium Pony Package- AKA: MYA
Torch Red, Charcoal Leather, Shaker 500, IUP, JBA Headers,
Custom True Duals, GT Mufflers, GT Rear Bumper and Side Skirts,
BamaChips 93 Octane Performance Tune,
Roush Hood Scoop, Custom Roush-inspired Paint
1986 Fiero GT
Hugger Orange Metallic custom paint (Owner Restored)
Original 2.8L Automatic

"I've always been a band geek...I just never joined the band!"- American Pie

Old
  (#3)
bscottie
Just Livin The Dream!
bscottie is working on being a goody goody.

03-18-2009

have you talked to Doug? that would be my first choice since he did the tune

Old
  (#4)
elroyjetson_1978
Collective Junkie
elroyjetson_1978 is a total phucktard

03-18-2009

Talk to Doug cause I run the 93 oct Race tune and don't have anything like that happening

She barks in first. She barks hitting second. She barks hitting third. She sure barks alot.

'05 v6 best 1/8th 9.28 at 75.-best 1/4th 14.54at 92.98

IT'S A GIRL! Emily Elizabeth Ross was born on 09/29/09.
5lbs 6oz

Old
  (#5)
phil06m1
Legendary 69Mach1 tribute
phil06m1 is working on being a goody goody.

03-18-2009

Same here. Using Bama 9 race with autotrans. No Issues. Doug can probably email some program adjustments to you. Good Luck.

37 years apart, My old 69 Mach 1 & my 2006 4.0L
Phil in Ga.

Old
  (#6)
Mr. Ugly
Collective ADDICT!
Mr. Ugly is working on being a goody goody.

03-19-2009

Doug can send you a copy that has the paramaters unlocked. Just ask.

Don't know what's the deal with the rpms jumping around though.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!

AEM wideband| Autometer Sport Comp vac/boost gauge | MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires | JBA Silver Ceramic shorties | FRPP X, Dynomax Bullets, Pype Bomb deletes | Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft | 8.8, t-lok, 3.73 | H&R Race springs | Tokico D-Specs & remote adjusters | J&M adjustable panhard bar | J&M lower control arms | J&M upper control arm | J&M lower control arm brackets | J&M camber plates | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | DD Cobra R wheels 18x9/10 | Nitto 555 Tires 255/45, 285/40 | Steeda X5 ball joints | Steeda bumpsteer kit | Steeda front control arm bushing kit | GT takeoff brakes | California Sunscreen 35%/25% tints | Redline hood lifts | Trunk blackout panel | Zabteck throttle body | Ford Accessories GT/CS F/R Fascia

Old
  (#7)
Torch Bearer
Collective Spokes Person
Torch Bearer will become famous when the world comes to an end.

03-19-2009

Same here 93 race tune no issues and can adjust parameters. Definately contact Doug, and check your throttle position sensor and MAF, dirty sensors, connections can wreak havok.

Hot Pepper II
Her name is Savina and she burns...

Send a message via Yahoo to Torch Bearer  
Old
  (#8)
Sniper308
Long-Range Surgeon
Sniper308 is a total phucktard

03-19-2009

I've never had any issues with my 93-octane auto-trans tune.

Russ

"Putting performance into PERFORMANCE WHITE!"

Orders I will NOT obey!

2005 Mustang ~ V6 Automatic ~ Performance White
X-Charger #28 ~ Hi-Po ~ Explorer Express (Xtreme Intercooler #01)
Custom 2.6" Pulley from South Florida Pulley Headquarters (Pulley Anti-Slip Coated by Carbinite Metal Coatings)
Custom JDM Tune for XCal2 Tuner with 93-Octane
Zabteck Throttle Body

View My Garage for a list of all mods to date.

Old
  (#9)
dewness
14-Second Member
dewness is working on being a goody goody.

03-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdguy
Hey guys.... I'm having mucho problemas with my Bama 93 tune. Let me ask those running similar Bama tunes... Can you guys change ANY settings/parameters on the tune before programming the car? I cannot. It is locked up with no options that I can change, such as shift pressure, tire size, gear rations... Etc...

Another problem is this...(Bama 93 race tune and auto tranny)

I drive a lot of highway, and when I hold the gas steady at almost any speed (say.. 75mph, or 80) and hold the gas very steady not accelataing or decelarrating, my rpms tend to jump up about 200 rpm up and down every 15 seconds or so, without any input on the gas pedal. Is this something to do with the way my auto tranny tourqe converter is programmed to work, or is this something that the tune is doing with the auto tranny proportional valve. By no means the tranny is not getting into or out of OD. It stays in OD on the highway, but rpms bounce for a few seconds up and down 200 or so rpm. Exmaple: doing 80 mph steadily, the rpms are at 2200 and every 10-15 seconds or so, move up to 2500, then back down again to 2200 with no input from my right foot. Just don't want to prematurely wear out the auto tranny. I drive very conservatively most of the time. Any suggestions?
My RPMs do that every now and then. One time it did it for like 2 minutes but other than that I have been able to adjust all my options and never had a problem with it. I accidentally paid for gas where 92 was the highest and had to switch to my 89 torque. I hate it compared to the 93 race.

Performance: C&L CAI with Xcal 3 Tuner. 93 Race tune by Bamachips. GT sway Bars. 8.8 Rear axle with 4.10 gears. Dual Magnaflow Exhaust.

Not performance... 7 inch In dash Pioneer DVD/touch screen deck, Shaker 500 system, Chrome taillight trim. Sequential taillights. Window tint, Viper alarm with remote start. Cobra radar detector with GPS. Black 18" bullitt wheels with Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tires.

Old
  (#10)
Downtime!
The 5.2 Liter Moderator
Downtime! is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Downtime! is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-19-2009

I had the same tune in my 4.0 for a long time and never had those issues. First thing to try is flashing it back to stock and then reloading the tune. Take it out and drive it for a few miles after that and see what happens. If that doesn't work, call Doug and let him know. He'll make it right.