Go Back   The Mustang Collective Forums > Mustang Tech > Fox Body 5.0 Tech

20th Anny Getting Some Love
Old
  (#1)
bscottie
Just Livin The Dream!
bscottie is working on being a goody goody.

20th Anny Getting Some Love - 03-28-2011

over a year ago I pulled the motor from my 20th anniversary to take care of an oil leak, cheap cork gaskets I knew better than to use didn't last and my oil leak started almost right away, small enough at first but being a bit anal it was too much, I also rushed to get the car together and didn't clean up the engine bay like I wanted, well last summer I started buying parts, a full new suspension front and rear, new gaskets, etc. with plans for keeping me busy, out comes the motor again this year and this time I am doing things like I wanted in the first place, it is unbelievably time consuming to clean and paint all the misc. small bolts and parts that come off when you pull a motor, after a full 3 months I am still probably anoth moth or more from being done, I have also been helping my neigbor some with his 70 GT Torino, I have hand cleaned every bolt and screw and misc part almost, still have several left, I am hoping I can remember where everything goes, I have 3 or 4 bags of bolts that are just a blur right now, here are some fotos of where I started and where things are, just to make things look good and some things last longer I have bought a few extra things I didnt plan on, in the end I hope and plan on this looking nice when you open my hood, I have all new underhood labels to put on once complete as well as a few othe r goodies, progress will be slow for a few weeks, will be working on getting a motor in the Torino across the street and also the Knotts show is in a few weeks,

here's what it looked like when I started, engine is almost ready to come out

Engine out, dirty azz engine bay

the PITA oil leak that inspired/caused all the work, LOL

making progress on the engine bay

engine bay done

wheel wells will look good also, freash paint does wonders

inside a 111000 mile motor, looks pretty darn good

new timing chain for good measure

motor is mostly back together, will rebuild the carb again with a slight mod that hopefully doesnt affect smog

new coating in rear fender wells, part of the new suspension

one side of the front back together with new suspension

car is back off jackstands on its own 4 feet

air cleaner lid had to be redone about half a dozen times to get this far, will live with it as it is for now, could still use a little work

hood needs love love and attention

hood got some love and attention along with freash paint

exhaust manifolds back from the sandblaster, they got a fresh coat of VHT high temp paint this weekend, waiting on it to dry out a little before handling

Last edited by bscottie; 03-28-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Old
  (#2)
bscottie
Just Livin The Dream!

03-28-2011

a little underbody also, have only done the front part of the under carriage, the rear part will get done once I upgrade the rear

a little shot of the underbody

Old
  (#3)
El Caballo Corre
Doing more with less....
El Caballo Corre has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

03-28-2011

That car is looking pretty good Bill! The first few pictures were kind of depressing, but I cheered up once i got down to the picture of the painted block and the ones below that. You should have a fire breathing dragon once you get it put back together right? Got to love those anniversary edition Mustangs. I have a 45th Anniversary Edition and I am hoping that they will be rare one day and will be worth something. Wishful thinking as I am sure that the 45th Anniversary Edition will not be. lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0246.jpg (201.0 KB, 5 views)

Old
  (#4)
Downtime!
The 7.2 Liter Moderator
Downtime! is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!Downtime! is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-29-2011

Looking good Bill! I am so glad you never found a buyer for her (C;

Old
  (#5)
mystang115
Collective ADDICT!
mystang115 is working on being a goody goody.

03-29-2011

Looks awesome!! Are those vogtland springs? Please let me know how they work out for you. We basically have the same car, so any hands on experience with upgrades is always good! Can't wait to see her buttoned up and on the road again!

2005 4.0 Mustang PP - Not far, but missed
1985 Ford Mustang GT - Under the knife!
1963 Dodge Dart wagon - One hell of a learning curve
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6RR - My mean green machine!

Last edited by mystang115; 03-30-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Old
  (#6)
84ttop
Collective Junkie
84ttop is a total phucktard

03-29-2011

Nice work Bill. You can tell you have paid attention to the little details.

1984 Mustang GT350 T Top 20th Anniversary Limited Edition
Mods:
Kbb Long Tube Headers Catback Exhaust, Edelbrock E-Street Cylinder Heads, Edelbrock Performer Carburetor
Edelbrock Performer-Plus Cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Edelbrock High Output Fuel Pump
MSD Ignition & Distributor, Powermaster Race Alternator, Ford Racing Super-Duty T-5 Transmission
Fluidyne High Performance Radiator, SR Pro torque Starter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5-Lug conversion Disc Brakes
8.8 Rear Axle w/ 4.10 Gears w/ 31 spline, American Racing Wheels (Need new set for 5 lug setup TBD)
2006 GT Coupe
Stock (For the moment)
Favorite Quote: Life is Tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.

Old
  (#7)
firestang70
firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.firestang70 is kissing Dales ass.

03-29-2011

Nice work....

My name is Turd Ferguson. I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Old
  (#8)
TexasBlownV8
Formerly: TexasBlownV6
TexasBlownV8 is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!TexasBlownV8 is a jewel in the rough, yeah right!

03-29-2011

Looking great!!!!

Mike - "Sally", The Beast: 2005, 5.0L V8 stroker, forged/cammed, KB 2.6 blower @18psi w/GT500 h/e; ARH LT's; 4r70W full-auto trans, CircleD converter; Shaftmasters driveshaft; GT500 8.8 w/3.73's; VEI digital gauges, PLX widebands; full suspension. Current best 1/4: 10.7 @ 128, on 93 octane
(Formerly a V6 Automatic with Vortech SQ supercharger & a/a intercooler -- 310 RWHP, w/best 1/4: 12.79 @ 107)

2006 4.0L V6 with PH Turbo and TR6060.

It's not just racing...it's an obsession.
"The brawl inspires many, but few acheive greatness"; "Poop happens" - JujuFox

Old
  (#9)
scrming
The Collective is a way of life!!!
scrming has a spectacular aura about them, when thier drunk and wasted.

03-29-2011

wow... very cool!

Old
  (#10)
bscottie
Just Livin The Dream!

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang115
Looks awesome!! Are those vogtland springs? Please let ne know how they work out for you. We basically have the same car, so any hands on experience with upgrades is always good! Can't wait to see her buttoned up and on the road again!
they are the vogtlands, will hopefully know soon how things work out, subframes made an unbelievable difference. my old stock springs were so worn out that when I put the rear springs on instead of dropping the car it actually raised the car about a 1/4 of an inch, I put on new isolators and things should settle, we shal see

84ttopNice work Bill. You can tell you have paid attention to the little details.

its been a labor of love, and patience. LOL

Thanks for the compliments!